Monday, August 11, 2008

Spending Time in Bosnia Herzegovina

Please pray for me that I may be used by God in two short evangelistic series in Nevesinje and Gacko during August and early September. These cities are located in Republika Srpsk, a republic in Bosnia Herzegovina and well over half of all of my relatives reside in these two cities and their environs. I am leaving August 10 and will return late September 11.

I enjoy all the "goodies" that come from time to time but when one is gone almost 5 weeks literally hundreds of emails will be on my list to read and that is more than I can deal with. But anything that is personal you may feel free to share. I hope I can use my internet there. It is fairly remote in the mountains (Balkins)and I use DSL and if it is not there I may have problems accessing the phone modem.

Georgia is many miles away so it should not spill across the borders of several nations into the place where I will be.

I just finished talking to my point man in Serbia and he tells me I will need to extend my stay and preach in another city, Trebinje, so I may or I may not. Apparently the bishop of the Orthodox church resides there and wants to meet me next Friday and talk to me. We distributed 40,000 booklets which had the patriarch's approval and apparently there is a great interest.

It is my hope that I can be used by the Lord in a way acceptable to Him.

May you be happier, healthier and holier when I return than you are currently. That goes double for me.

- John

No comments: